Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Reddit appoints Yishan Wong as new CEO

By at SiliconRepublic: 
A former director of engineering at Facebook Yishan Wong has become the new CEO of content-sharing website Reddit.
Wong was previously a director of engineering at Facebook and left to do start-up consulting. He has also been a member of Reddit since 2005.
Wong announced the news in a blog post, saying he was surprised to get the job. He believed he “didn’t match the profile of what you might consider (or so I thought) a CEO candidate.” However, he said he soon learned Reddit was not looking for the typical candidate.
“I don't have the polish and the poise and the schmoozing, and I don't play golf. Instead, I'm an engineer and a leader of engineers and I play Starcraft (poorly),” said Wong.
“But as I continued the conversations, I came to understand that Reddit wasn't looking for a conventional CEO candidate, because Reddit is not a conventional company,” he said.
Reddit was previously acquired by Condé Naste Publications in 2006. In September 2011, it announced it would spin out to become its own independent company under the firm which owns Conde Naste Publications, Advance Publications. As a result, it was looking for a CEO to help complete the spin-off.

Read the full article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment